Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Goals

It seams since Eric's and Karen's announcement, we have had a paradigm shift in our house (you didn't know I knew such big words).  My goals now are how many home improvement things (that I have procrastinated over the last nine years) can I get done by June 21st.  Health goals are secondary or not even on the radar.  However I do play basketball twice a week (running continually for an hour)' and when they checked my blood this last month everything was good including my cholesterol which dropped to 199. 

We are re-carpeting the living room this week.   I painted, stained, and caulked the stairway to the basement. I am finally finishing the trim on the stairway going up, and am currently finishing the touch up paint in that area.  Outside I have started working on the brick area, pruning trees & shrubs, and doing regular spring cleanup.

I had also been recently thinking about our blog. It seemed lonely.  I am glad it is doing better now and why is it called a blog? Where did this term originate? What is a blog? Who is a blog?And does this have anything to do with peat (not Pete)? 

With these deep thought provoking thoughts. (reference Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Britta you know what I mean) I will close and return in seen million years.

Love Dad



3 comments:

Dad said...

At the end, that was suppose to be seven million years. I think my keyboard must be damaged.

Eric Gifford said...

keyboard damage my foot... its ok to admit a typo Dad, of all people we would expect it from you, its kind of nostalgic, i wouldn't want you to get too good at typing or spelling, i wouldn't know who you were :-D

Britta said...

I second Eric's comment...it just wouldn't be the same if you typed perfectly and didn't misuse, mistype or mispronounce words. That's just who you are to us Dad. :) Also the term Blog is a contraction stemming from two words: Web and Log. A Blog is a web-log, or weblog shortend to blog. And now you know, and knowing is half the battle. (for those of you who don't remember, that's from G.I. Joe, the cartoon, not the guy I went out with a few times.)