Sunday, June 26, 2011

We Made it Through Week One! Yay

Well, we have made it through Week 1 of P90X. I think I will rename it P90Die. That's more descriptive and true to how we feel by the end of the day - like we are going to die because we are so darned tired. We have been going to bed by 9:30-10:00pm - very unlike us.

Thursday was YogaX. Yoga was "Not Dad's Thing." Dad has never done yoga. Ever. There's a reason why. He can't bend over. He can't bend down. He can't bend sideways. He just doesn't bend. There was more groaning and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth today then Day 1. Mr. Horton tells you to quickly move from Downward Dog to Plank back up to Downward Dog to Runners Pose to Warrior One, etc., etc. Dad obviously doesn't know what any of these poses are and even if did he can't really bend that way yet. He spent most of the time trying to copy the moves on the screen and mimic them before Tony and his gang went to the next yoga pose. When we started Dad was in front of the TV and I was in back "helping & giving pointers." This was not helpful according to Dad. We switched placed. I was in front of the TV and he stood behind me. I was told to NOT turn around and watch him (or smile or laugh) and NOT make any more comments or suggestions. I shut up. That was YogaX day! Fun!

Friday we did (or were supposed to do) Legs & Shoulders & Back. This proved to be mostly just legs. As we got started we found we are supposed to have some sort of equipment to do chin-ups, which we do not own. Either a bar that hooks over the door frame or some stretchy pulley things that hook on the ceiling or over a door frame, or some such thing and you kneel on the ground and grab and pull them to simulate pull-ups. So basically, we did a leg workout. Dad is checking our door frames to see 1. If any are high enough for him to do pull-ups 2. If we have some way to hook that stretchy deal up for me, because it will be a long time before I have the upper body strength to do one pull-up. We are going to look when we go to Utah.

Saturday was Cardio - an hour of Old Fat Guy Basketball for Dad and an hour KempoX with Tony. I'm glad no one is watching. I did this a couple of times with Jessie. It isn't pretty.

Week One is in the History Books!


No comments: