I wanted to share with you all a little bit about yesterday as we took Jessie to get set apart by President Hamblin. I truly know the Lord knows his servants and He certainly knows Jessie. President Hamblin doesn't really know Jessie at all. Other than interviewing her for her Temple Recommend he hasn't had much contact with her, but he gave her the most beautiful blessing as he set her apart to be a missionary yesterday. The first words after he set her apart to be a missionary were the things that she has been most worried about the past few months. He told her that her that her worrys and anxiety would go away and she would be calm. I don't remember the exact wording but that was the feeling.
Then he told her that she would have a strong testimony and ability to communicate and have confidence in herself and in the Lord. I'm not giving the right wording, but this is what Jessie has been so worried about - that her testimony is not strong enough, that she can't explain things clearly, and that she knows she doesn't have the confidence necessary. All these things were addressed. He then told her very forcefully that she would have a "strong and immediate grasp of the language". I do believe those were pretty close to his exact words because it struck me pretty forcfully how he said it. Jessie's Patriarchal blessing says she has the gift of tongues and it reminded me of this. He also told her that she would be easily understood, both in word and in spirit. He also said something I thought was interesting right at the end - that she should speak loudly and clearly as she taught and testified.
Then he told her that she would have a strong testimony and ability to communicate and have confidence in herself and in the Lord. I'm not giving the right wording, but this is what Jessie has been so worried about - that her testimony is not strong enough, that she can't explain things clearly, and that she knows she doesn't have the confidence necessary. All these things were addressed. He then told her very forcefully that she would have a "strong and immediate grasp of the language". I do believe those were pretty close to his exact words because it struck me pretty forcfully how he said it. Jessie's Patriarchal blessing says she has the gift of tongues and it reminded me of this. He also told her that she would be easily understood, both in word and in spirit. He also said something I thought was interesting right at the end - that she should speak loudly and clearly as she taught and testified.
He promised her that she would be a calming, peaceful influence in her district and zone and that she would be an example both to those she taught and to the other missionaries in her district and zone. He said something that I can't quite put into words about her relationship and testimony of the Savior and how it would be strengthened. She would have the ability to work without tiring, to be strong in mind and body and she will touch many people. She should be grateful for this opportunity. He also promised her that the Lord would grant her other blessings known only to her. He said the Lord was very pleased with her.
I wish you could have all been there. I'm not doing this justice by any means. It was a powerful blessing and I believe it was a comfort to her and did allievate her nervousness and fear and gave her confidence that she will have the words she needs. It was a testimony to me of how much the Lord knows each of us individually and is aware of us. President Hamblin couldn't have known all the fears of Jessie's heart, but the Lord sure did. As soon as he began to speak I felt the spirit in the room and the first words out of Pres. Hamblins mouth were all the things Jessie has been worried about. It was a great experience.
Love you all lots.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment