So, I have decided that our family watches far too much "Dr. Who." Well, at least I do. I have just finished the second season (I know, I'm extremely far behind all of you!) and am about to start the third season. Recently I found David Tennant's video diary from the making of the show (on YouTube, or the Dr. Who site, I can't recall at the moment) and have taken to watching that as I am waiting for one of those fabulous little red envelopes of magic and wonder to arrive in my mailbox from Netflix so that I may continue my journey through space and time (and David Tennant's dark brown eyes and charming smile.)
I say that I have watched too much because last night I had a dream. A dream in which The Doctor and Rose were in my room in the dark creepy basement of my house. There we found a hole that had been dug into the wall of my closet hidden behind my coats and clothes. We noticed people who appeared to be sleeping there and I knew instantly that this hole led to another dimension or some alien cave where some other race was trying to take over/destroy the earth. Suddenly, one of the people in the hole noticed us and rushed to close off the hole. We struggled to jump in before the hole was closed off and I noticed, just before I jumped in, that I didn't have any shoes on. I ran back to my room to grab my shoes, all the while The Doctor and Rose yelling for me to hurry. And then, just in time I jumped through the hole as it closed behind me. I looked around. We were in some sort of cave with odd drawings and rocks all over the place. The Doctor began to wonder aloud at the drawings...where had they come from, what did they mean? Then, a flash of realization hit me and I knew, "These drawings were made by my sister!" I said. And as we looked each drawing had the distinct crisp scrolling design that Reese often embellishes with. And there at the bottom of each drawing on these walls was her signature! What could this mean? Was Reese affiliated with some other time and space? Did the tunnel at the other end of the cave lead to monsters or some other race? How did Reese get in my closet? And just as all these questions began bubbling up and we were about to descend through the tunnel.....my alarm rang and I woke up.
Very disappointing, I know. I was hoping for something a little more dramatic or crazy myself. Well, that's the way dreams work I guess. Maybe it will be a reoccurring dream and one day I'll go down the tunnel and find out why Reese was drawing things in a cave in my closet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So I'm not really sure about the monsters and all that, but I have a feeling I got to your closet via the vortex that is my room.
Maybe Britta's right about our family, I do not lie (and Karen can attest) that just two days ago I woke up and told a story of a crazy alien race trying to dominate provo or something and towards the end of the dream i began to say to myself "When's the Doctor gonna show up?", in fact before i even got to that point of the story Karen said "this sounds like a Doctor Who episode."
Reese, maybe you should stop painting my walls and start sending cupcakes through said vortex.
I think I should maybe, be concerned about my children . . . ?
by the way, what post was deleted by you, Britta? A mistake?
It was actually Eric that wrote something and deleted it. I bet he accidentally posted his comment twice.
Personally, I think it was somehow related to the aliens in Provo who live in Britta's closet - they probably deleted a vital clue that would have enabled The Doctor to figure out why on earth we are so obsessed with his show.
Karen woke up this morning and told me that she also had a dream about The Doctor, though no details were given... and she doesn't even really like the show all that much...
Post a Comment