Monday, June 20, 2011

Day One of P90X for Old Flabby People!

OK, so Dad and I started P90X this morning at 6:00AM and I decided to chronicle our adventures. And what an adventure it was! Perhaps it will motivate you younger people to GET OFF YOUR BUTTS!

The hardest part was getting Dad out of bed at 6:00am. He is not the happiest person in the morning. I, on the other hand, am. Very chipper, smiley and excited! Yay for exercise early on a beautiful Monday.

Little did we know what the P90X Guy, (what is his name anyway?) had in store for us. (We watched the introduction DVD yesterday and decided we would follow the "Lean" program - that will be us when you see us soon - Lean and Mean Parents - Can you hardly wait?) Core Synergistics was the first DVD we had to do. It started out OK with the warm ups, but then we had to do something called the Banana Roll. Wow, you should have heard Dad moan and groan. Then we did some other thing (I forget what it's called) but you lay on your stomach and grab your feet with your hands and rock on your stomach. Dad cannot grab his feet in this position. I found it extremely funny. Dad did not. I don't believe that Dad engages his stomach muscles all that much playing Old Fat Guy basketball. He did engage them this morning. It was somewhat painful to watch and listen to.

After about half an hour of moaning and groaning, huffing and puffing and a lot of sweat we decided that perhaps for old, flabby out of shape 50 somethings, perhaps we had given it a pretty good shot and we started cutting short each exercise. We hit the fast forward button after we did part of each exercise and then finally skipped about 10 minutes and went right to the cool down. Whew! We did it! We made it through Day 1 of P90x! Stay tuned for Day 2 tomorrow.

4 comments:

Eric Gifford said...

If you make it through more than a week I'll be impressed.

Kristine said...

I believe that is a challenge. The gauntlet has been thrown down!

Britta said...

So the guy is Tony Horton...he's interesting. I am actually re-starting P90X myself today. (The lean progam as well...I like it better.) You just have to get through the first week or two and then you start to see it getting easier and you can do more. Way to go Old People! :) You guys will be awesome!

Kristine said...

Thanks for the ENCOURAGEMENT Britta! Some people have faith in their parents (and SOME people don't -Eric-just saying).