Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day Two of Old People Exercising

Day Two of an excercise program has long been known to be a LOT harder than Day One. I'm pretty sure there is verifiable evidence for this theory. Dad and I drug (is this a real word? And perhaps it's a good word, because I think it's how we felt) ourselves out of bed and realized we were in a lot of pain. I think the only muscles that don't hurt is my fingers and toes - maybe. But and the operative word, is BUT, we DID get out of bed!!! Yay! We are on our way to Day 2 of CardioX with Tony Horton (Britta has informed me of this), who, I think, is really, really, wierd, by the way. Actually, only I had to spend the next 45 minutes with Tony, as Dad is playing "Old, Fat Guy Basketball" (as I term it) and will be doing a lot more cardio than me.

I made it through most of the DVD (I forgot how hard yoga can be. . . ) but I survived. I skipped the Jumping Jacks and Banana Rolls ( I know my limit)-also those "Wacky Jacks". Jessie tried to get me to do them last year, but I am too uncoordinated. I can't wait to watch Dad "Get Wacky!" Then I skipped to the cool down. I cut myself some slack, because I am 54, out of shape and want to see you all next month.

Dad played an hour of basketball and was sweating like a pig! He is better at cardio. I am impressed with him.

Two days down and we are still alive!! And moving! Only 5 days to go to prove Eric wrong! We can slam this! (I liked Reesy's use of that word and thought I would steal it.

Keep tuned for the next installment!

1 comment:

Eric Gifford said...

I didn't make a challenge to you. I just pointed out the conditions of impressing me. You guys are doing better than I am.